Recipe: Bones Coffee Company Sugar Cookies
Here at Bones Coffee, we LOVE to come up with fun ways to incorporate coffee into…well, everything! These cookies are a combination of grandma's soft and chewy drop sugar cookies with an equally delightful & delectable espresso twist! The best part - these are so versatile and customizable using your favorite Bones Coffee flavor! We used Salted Caramel for this recipe, but you can truly make these YOU. Drizzle them with a Strawberry Cheesecake Espresso Glaze, or make cookie sandwiches with a Maple Bacon Buttercream…or, use French Toast grounds and roll them in cinnamon sugar to make them into the most magnificent snickerdoodles you’ve ever had! SO - get to the kitchen and whip up your own version of these cookies & tag #bonescoffee on Instagram!
Bones Coffee Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup + 1 tbs salted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh Bones Coffee Co. grounds in your favorite flavor
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 oz freshly brewed espresso
- 3 tsp milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 & line two baking sheets with parchment.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 TBS milk and 2 TBS of ground Bones Coffee in your favorite flavor - set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder and sea salt and whisk together.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter & sugar until smooth and fluffy; incorporate the egg, vanilla and milk & coffee mixture until well combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture until a smooth cookie dough forms - do not over mix as the cookies will become too stiff.
- Scoop by rounded tablespoon onto the parchment lined cookie sheets and space 2 inches apart. Press each cookie down lightly with 2 fingers. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until the edges just begin to turn a light golden brown.
- While the cookies are baking, make the glaze! Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until all the sugar is completely dissolved. If you want a thinner glazer, simply add 1-2 tsp of either the espresso or milk depending on your preference.
- Cool cookies completely, then drizzle the glaze over them with with a fork.