Oh Fuuudge Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Cinnamon Coffee Filling:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground Bones Oh Fuuudge! Coffee Beans
- 1 oz semi-sweet chocolate bar (chopped)
- Coffee Cream Cheese Icing:
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Bones Oh Fuuudge! Coffee/Espresso (room temperature)
1. Heat the milk until it starts to boil, then transfer it to a stand mixer bowl. Stir in the butter until it melts, then mix in the sugar.
2. When the milk mixture is just warm to the touch, mix in the yeast and let it sit until foamy (~5 minutes).
3. Whisk in the egg, salt and vanilla extract.
4. Add 1 1/2 cups of flour and stir with the hook attachment on level 2. Continue adding flour a little bit at a time until the dough pulls away from the dough and is no longer very sticky. Cover it with a towel and let it rest for ~45 minutes in a warm environment.
5. While waiting for the dough to rise, make the cinnamon coffee filling by mixing the brown sugar, soft butter, cinnamon and coffee. Chop the chocolate bar into fine pieces. Lightly grease a 9” pie dish or round pan.
6. When the dough is about double its original size, lightly flour a clean surface. Fold the dough into thirds, then flip it over and repeat. Place the dough on the surface and roll it out into a 16x12 inch rectangle. Spread the filling across the dough’s surface, leaving 1 inch empty along the 16 inch side. Sprinkle the chocolate over the filling. Starting with the 16 inch side that is covered with filling, tightly and carefully roll the dough toward the clean end.
7. Using a sharp knife or floss, cut the dough into 9 equal rolls and space them out evenly in the prepared pan. Cover and let rise while the oven preheats to 350°F.
8. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden.
9. While they’re baking, make the icing by mixing together the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and coffee until smooth.
10. Spread icing over the rolls while they’re warm out of the oven & enjoy!
Recipe By: Kayla Burton