Layered Matcha Coffee
Let's dive into a not-so-typical recipe; Layered Matcha Coffee! It's Something a little healthy and far from classic! If you have never had matcha or do not like matcha, this might not be the recipe for you! Matcha is high on antioxidants and can help promote a healthy lifestyle. We definitely suggest using our Espresso or Dark Roast Coffee for this recipe.
Let's start with what we need!
To start, Matcha is traditionally prepared with bamboo, but if you do not have that, it's okay!
- Sugar (optional)
- Milk (Any milk of your choice)
- Frother or small hand whisk (Bamboo optional)
- Sieve (optional, but really helps remove clumps of Matcha
- Concentrated Coffee (TUTORIAL HERE)
- 2 Cups (Optional, but highly preferred to prepare the matcha separately)
PREPARING THE MATCHA:
So, let's prepare that Matcha in a separate container!
- Start by adding 2 Tbsp of sugar to the bottom of your container
- Put your sieve above your container and add 2 Tbsp of Match
- Add a 1/4 cup of Room temperature water
- Use a hand or electric frother to mix, make sure there are no floating bits of Matcha
And, you're done with that part!
PREPARING THE LAYERED COFFEE
Now we will make the drink! Be sure you made your concentrated coffee with the tutorial HERE
- Transfer your Matcha to your glass
- add 6 cubes of crushed or full ice
- Drizzle 1/2 cup of milk over a spoon (This creates the layered coffee, take your time!)
- Drizzle 2 OZ of your Concentrated coffee (Again, slowly, take your time!)
And just like that... BAM you're done! Layered coffee can be difficult. Try not to get discouraged, at the end of the day, you're just going to drink it anyway!
Cheers to you, Be sure to share a picture of your recipe when it's done! Especially if you prepared it in one of our sweet cold brew glasses 😎
Dark Roast Coffee | 12oz
Bones Coffee Company's Dark Roast Coffee provides a rich, full-bodied yet smooth taste that'll keep you coming back for more. High-Quality Coffee Beans We carefully select our dark roast beans, ensuring they are primed for the smoothest sipping experience imaginable.… read more
Espresso | 12oz
Bones Coffee's Espresso is a blend of South-Central American beans that yields a full-bodied and robust espresso with low acidity and slight hints of citrus & cocoa. ** The "Espresso Grind" option is specifically for espresso & espresso drinks… read more